The idea of blogging my experiences over here seems a bit overwhelming and so this is the reason that it has been a month since my last entry. So much about my life here is so different than it was three months ago. New friends, new country, new house, going back to college, searching for a job, not having a car, living in community with 6 other people from 5 different nations... so yeah, where do I even start? I just think anyone who reads this blog should just come visit and then you can see first hand how awesomely amazing this journey is. :)
I have classes four days a week and we have chapel on three of those days. On the fourth day of class we have sisterhood at the church. On this day we all serve in the areas that we were assigned. We serve for three weeks and then get to sit in on the fourth. Sisterhood is the women's ministry here at Hillsong and it is amazing. About a 1000 women show up on a Thursday morning to be encouraged, challenged, pampered and to make and build friendships.
This past weekend we had the Colour conference 1 down at the Sydney convention center. I have heard mixed reports but there were between 10,000 to 16,000 women at this event and it was so much fun. The worship was great and the speakers were soooooo good. Pricilla Shrier from Dallas TX was my favorite. But we also heard a lot about all the social injustice that is going on and the ways that Hillsong and Sisterhood are standing up against that injustice. This week we are having Colour conference 2 at the Hillsong Campus. It will be another great week.
I have also recently gotten involved in a connect group. There are about 12 people in this group and the best part is that I am the only American. I say that because most of the students at college are from the US so it is nice to be in a group of people where most of those people are actually Australians. YAY!
So that is a brief overview of what my life looks like at the moment. Biggest lesson that I am learning right now is trusting and believing GOD!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
thanks for posting amy---it would be fun to visit! hmmm now how to pay for 4 tix?
ReplyDeletei LOVE priscilla shirer!!!!! she spoke at Living Proof Live this fall, and she was amazing - from your Facebook status, I think she gave the same talk I heard. She is amazing.
ReplyDeletesounds like an incredibly awesome journey! thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteSounds like so much fun! I'm keeping that job search in prayer.
ReplyDeleteLove you amiga!
Sarah